With NexStorm, you get so much more than just another software application. You will be joining a fast growing community
of lightning detection enthusiasts that all have one goal in common - to share their information with others over the Internet.
- Only the NexStorm software package comes with the capability to display animated lightning data loops on the Internet! Static screenshots are not
particularly useful for determining where storms are headed. The StormVue™ Java™ companion applet,
which can be easily embedded in your web page, not only provides for an one-hour animation loop but is also interactive, allowing your web site visitors to
stop and restart the animation loop as well as zoom in on the map.
- For more advanced and true real time lightning data display over a network be sure to check
out the new StormVue NGX™ add on for NexStorm!
- Only NexStorm enables you to participate in StrikeStar™ - the world's premiere community based lightning detection network!
By installing and running a lightweight network client alongside your NexStorm, your lightning data is relayed to a central processing server where it is
triangulated with data captured by other detectors. This enables us to triangulate and pin-point locations of storms and associated lightning with an accuracy far surpassing that of any
stand-alone lightning detection system. Naturally, as long as you are supplying your lightning data to one of our networks you are guaranteed access
to the network-produced output, such as screenshots and other exciting features that we plan to add in the future.
We don't want to sound like a TV-Shop commercial, but wait, there is more! StrikeStar™ participants are entitled to receive a free lightning monitoring tool called Wide Area Storm Probe 2 (WASP2). With this cool Windows
application you can hook up to your local StrikeStar™ network server and watch live lightning activity from any PC with an Internet connection! WASP2 also enables you to publish a real-time
map of local lightning activity on your web site! The really crazy part is, WASP2 is absolutely free!
Thanks to our collaboration with Weather Underground Inc., WASP2 has
the additional capability of displaying real-time, on-map NEXRAD data when used in the United States!
StrikeStar™ networks are currently available in USA/Canada, Europe and Australia/New Zealand. See
links to the different StrikeStar™ network websites.
- Only NexStorm allows third party software vendors to truly integrate NexStorm lightning data in their applications. You will find examples of such
applications on our Download page.
Other products keep the live data sealed and contained, thus severly limiting your options and restricting the
usability to only watching live lightning activity on the local PC. Make sure that you don't box yourself when choosing
a lightning detection software!
- We listen to our users! Many software developers will write software based on some self-perceived ideas about what a good software package should accomplish.
In contrast to this our software design always takes a user-centric approach. We would never think of making a major software revision without
consulting our users first. As a NexStorm owner you are also welcome to participate in our open beta testing programs and the ongoing information exchange on our support forum.